Friday 28 January 2011

simple but effective



I have just found this on a website and thought I would blog it before I forget to do so! I like the idea of fashion not being about photographing a model, but capturing an object. The flow of the swallow stencil creates a movement with the image, making the eyes follow a path from bottom to top, weaving around the prop. I like the idea of creating a path/journey within an image as it is engaging the viewer with the image for a short period and making the viewer question the situation, question the reason why the stencil is a swallow, what it is representing and why it has been placed where it has.
The overall aesthetic is simple, pretty and neat, proving that not all fashion images have to contain theatrical make-up, overt styling and branding to be beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment