Wednesday 20 April 2011

Small edits

Since we have chosen the main images below that we want to take forward for our editorial pages, I have experimented with some basic photoshop tools to try to improve the images. The model's skintone just needs some blemishes removing and a general smoothing of texture, some brightness and contrast adding to the whole image, make her eyes brighter, make the lighting a little more dramatic, etc...

Here are some edits that I have done to try to improve my manipulation skills. They are far from perfect! But a first step in the right direction. One thing I have since noticed is that I have smoothed her face too much almost altering the shape of her face around her cheekbones! OOPS! But a lesson learnt, I guess!

Original image

Edit 1 - blemishes removed and skin smoothed
Edit 2 - Light altered

- - - - - - - -

Original Image

Edit 1 - blemishes removed, skin smoothed and light given a slight blue tint

Edit 2 - image given a slightly purple/mauve tint

The idea of adding a slight colour tint to them has derived from the spectrum idea of having a process starting and carrying on through to the end - like a life cyle of the education system. I do not think the idea of having one or twon colours running through the editorial is going to be that succesful as it will become boring and mundane throughout the various pages... therefore, I think we need to discuss what sort of mainpulation the stylists want and if they have any preferred limits in which they do not want the images to be like...

No comments:

Post a Comment